Building files; request for inspection
Building files of ongoing building supervisory procedures or completed (archived) procedural files may be inspected by persons authorized to receive information.
The parties involved in the building inspection procedure can inspect these building files. These are in particular the building owners. However, owners of neighboring properties can also be involved. The inspection includes, in particular, issued permits and construction plans of existing buildings. It can also be carried out by authorized representatives.
The inspection of files takes place either on the premises of the authority or by sending a copy.
The building owner regularly has a legal interest. Neighbors also have a regular right to inspect files. However, this does not apply if a neighbor has given his consent to a building project.
Once a building permit procedure has been completed, there is no longer any right to inspect files. However, the competent lower building supervisory authority (district office, independent city, large district town, delegation municipality) can grant access to files if there is a justified interest. Such a legitimate interest may exist, for example, in the case of a potential buyer of a plot of land who wants to find out about the building permit situation.
You can then inspect the file at the building inspection office upon presentation of your identity card and proof of ownership and, if applicable, a power of attorney from the owner. It takes place at the competent lower building supervisory authority (district office, independent city, large district city, delegation municipality) and there usually in the offices of the authority. However, it is also possible to send a copy of the building file.
- Required document, Bavaria-wide: Identity card
- Required document, Bavaria-wide: Proof of ownership (e.g. extract from the land register, purchase contract, land tax assessment notice)
- Required document, Bavaria-wide: power of attorney of the land owner, if applicable
- Required document, Bavaria-wide: If applicable, power of attorney from the property management or the owners' association
The fees are charged in accordance with the Bavarian Cost Law and amount to 1 euro per file for inspection, but at least 10 euros.
Additional fees apply for photocopies.
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: Art. 13 Bayerisches Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz (BayVwVfG)
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: Art. 29 Bayerisches Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz (BayVwVfG)
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: Art. 66 Bayerische Bauordnung (BayBO)
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: Tarif-Nr. 1.I.3 Verordnung über den Erlass des Kostenverzeichnisses zum Kostengesetz (Kostenverzeichnis - KVz)
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: Art. 10 Abs. 2 Satz 1 Kostengesetz (KG)
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
Responsible for you
For contact details of the responsible authoritiy and local valid information select in "On location" a location.
General overview of procedures
Alphabetical and hierarchical overview of all procedures.