Aliens; determination of identity and nationality
The Central Aliens Authority conducts initial interviews under aliens law with all new arrivals at ANKER facilities in order to gain knowledge about the identity and nationality of the person concerned.
The consistent enforcement of the obligation to leave the country by the foreigners authorities is becoming increasingly important in order to fulfil the legal mandate of the Residence Act - the control and limitation of immigration (section 1 (1) of the Act on the Residence, Gainful Employment and Integration of Foreigners in the Federal Territory (Residence Act - AufenthG). Early clarification of identity is an essential prerequisite for the implementation of measures to terminate residence after the obligation to leave the country has come into effect.
The Central Foreigners Authority conducts initial interviews with all new arrivals at the ANKER facilities with the involvement of native-speaking staff. These serve to gain knowledge about the identity of the person concerned, the existence of proof of identity and the entry modalities.
Establishing the identity of asylum seekers and obtaining national passports and passport replacement documents are highly demanding and very specialised tasks.
Asylum seekers who have been rejected and are under an enforceable obligation to leave the country should in principle be looked after by the central foreigners authorities until their residence is terminated. The main tasks are
- clarifying the identity of all newly arriving asylum seekers without sufficient proof of identity at the earliest possible point in time
- close supervision under aliens law of those who refuse to cooperate, both during the ongoing asylum procedure and more intensively after its unsuccessful conclusion in order to establish identity, as well as
- the consistent termination of residence after an unsuccessful asylum procedure.
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: § 15 Asylgesetz (AsylG)
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: §§ 48, 49 und 82 Gesetz über den Aufenthalt, die Erwerbstätigkeit und die Integration von Ausländern im Bundesgebiet (Aufenthaltsgesetz - AufenthG)
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
Responsible for you
Regierung der Oberpfalz
+49 (0)941 5680-0
+49 (0)941 5680-1199
Secure request form
Alphabetical and hierarchical overview of all procedures.