Apply for a permit to carry mail commercially
Wenn Sie gewerblich Briefe befördern möchten, müssen Sie dafür eine Erlaubnis beantragen.
If you want to carry letters commercially, you must apply for a permit to do so.
You always need a licence for the commercial transport of letters if you collect, forward or deliver letter mail items. To obtain this licence, you must prove that you have the necessary reliability, ability and expertise.
If you are only carrying mail as an assistant for a licensed postal service provider, you do not need a license. You also do not need a licence if you are transporting letters that are enclosed with another item and relate exclusively to its contents (for example, an invoice).
- You must have registered your business
- You must not be overindebted or insolvent
- You must prove that you meet the requirements for reliability, efficiency and expertise
You can apply for a licence to carry letter mail items in writing or by e-mail:
- Send the completed form together with the other documents to the Federal Network Agency by post or e-mail.
- You will then receive a separate advisory letter asking you to submit further information and documents.
- You will be assigned a contact person for the licensing procedure who will guide you through the process.
- The Federal Network Agency will inform you in writing whether you are granted the licence.
If you deliver letters of no more than 1,000 grams without permission, you can be fined up to 500,000 euros.
maximum 6 weeks after submission of all documents
Required document, Bavaria-wide:
- Detailed description of your business idea
- Business registration (copy, current)
- Extract from the commercial register
- Further documents (e.g. certificate of good conduct, information from the commercial central register) on request
Antrag auf Erteilung einer Postlizenz (pdf, 1 MB) [File format: pdf]
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Depending on the scope of the services requested and the type of company: EUR 175 - 700
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide: Postgesetz (PostG)
Responsible for editing: Bundesnetzagentur für Elektrizität, Gas, Telekommunikation, Post und Eisenbahnen
Responsible for you
Bundesnetzagentur für Elektrizität, Gas, Telekommunikation, Post und Eisenbahnen
Alphabetical and hierarchical overview of all procedures.